After a long and much needed night of rest we awoke to a beautiful California morning. The sun was shining and the air was crisp. I slept diagonal on a mini futon mattress and couldn't have been happier. Brett and his roommates made us pancakes and bought donuts for breakfast, notice the picture to the right. It's a good feeling to have friends like Brett.
This was our first break day and we definitely needed it. We went to Westmont and played ultimate Frisbee, went to church(I missed it because my bike had a tantrum on 101), and then went back to Brett's for a bbq. It was nice to know I didn't have to be back on my bike until the next day. Everytime we stop for a break or somewhere for the night I'm so glad to be able to rest but
also excited to get back on the bike.
It was great hanging out with new people and having time to clear my head. Navigating has put me under alot more stress than I was expecting. I love doing it I just find myself stressing about the guys more than I should. I need to keep in mind that they're their own riders and as long as I'm giving them heads up on turns and stops then we should all be fine.
It was great hanging out with new people and having time to clear my head. Navigating has put me under alot more stress than I was expecting. I love doing it I just find myself stressing about the guys more than I should. I need to keep in mind that they're their own riders and as long as I'm giving them heads up on turns and stops then we should all be fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment